View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 02:23 PM
yeargab
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: B-737/C-17

Originally Posted by Phoenix21 View Post
That’s not particularly good advice if they’re looking for future flying employment on the outside. Many places limit or specifically exclude simulator flight time for applicants all together. Logging actual instrument time when in an simulator goes down the road of mixing excluded flight time in with acceptable flight time. Down the road they’re going to have to go back in and cut out the “actual” time they logged in the sim and potentially explain why their are hundreds of hours difference between what they logged and what they actually flew in an aircraft.
No, they don’t cross streams. My initial point was just a quick reminder for any young AF pilots that aren’t familiar with the AFI11-401 that all Simulators are accredited for logging primary instrument time according to AFI 36-2251 (management of Air Force Training Systems). Those primary instrument hours logged in a simulator will NOT be included in your total primary Instrument hours that you claim as instrument time and print out to bring to your next interview. Im simply stating a procedure that many people get wrong when filling out a 781. This could be beneficial for young Guard or Reserve Lt’s trying to get their ATP or land their first regional and irrelevant for anyone else. That’s all. My advice for the main point of this entire post is have a good scanner app on your phone and scan every single 781 that has your name on it from day one. This is most helpful for heavy guys trying to figure out the infamous “how much PIC do I have?” question