View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 05:13 PM
wjcandee
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by ACMItrash View Post
Atlas and ABX just ran a 50 foot sign right in front of Jeff Bezos that said ready to strike ! No aircraft anytime soon without a contract. They don't want to pay. Nothing to see here except more new hire washouts!

ATSG
AAWW
Nothing like a truly-meaningless gesture to keep the troops amped up -- maybe they won't notice that they're not gonna see a contract for the next few years as talks grind on in part because of Atlas litigation spawned by an extreme negotiating position.

And yet Atlas continues to take contracts from other airlines (like K4) and will have a slew of 737s for Amazon through Southern. They will have no problem staffing those aircraft because they don't care who is in the cockpit.

ABX is the only 1224 carrier that is taking it on the chin. They are putting themselves out of jobs to help the folks at Atlas.

I have said repeatedly that the accident in Houston could just as well have been a planeload of troops. AMC should be seriously thinking about standing Atlas down and redistributing their military flying to other carriers, including the major airline team members via an activation if necessary. If it's as bad as the Atlas pilots say -- and it appears that it is given what happened aboard the accident aircraft -- AMC has no business putting soldiers on those aircraft. I don't expect much from the FAA until there is a bunch of civilian blood spilled, which is unlikely, but AMC ought to be horrified. Maybe after the preliminary NTSB report, which I expect to be brutal.

But for now, Billy and his ilk are telling the shareholders that his strategy is working while he beats Connie and others (including ABX) on price and continues to grow his business.