View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 11:11 AM
Rockiepilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2018

EF has lived under a contract that had great QOL. Work rules. LTD and STD. Been around Parker and company over 20 years. Never has taken a management job. His side from AWA out smarted the LAA and LUS types. Just look at the SLI.

So call me crazy to think someone of his intellect and intelligence would not be capable of getting us not only the right people to get a ILC but also clean up the corrupt structure of APA. Implement bylaws that allow the BOD to take full control of APA and put the president position back to where it belongs.

The structure of APA won’t be fixed by a lifetime AA and APA type. They see nothing wrong with it. I mean making 400k plus and positive space travel and nice hotels while his pilots are working under some of the worst work rules in the industry.

So forgive me to have been on property far longer then 18 months. I’ve seen Carey and his promises last time around and what actually was done by him. I’ve lived under LUS work rules that were far better then anything APA has had. Heck many of us lived under regional work rules far superior.

So I suppose knowing that EF has lived under better work rules then most at APA. Just recently upgraded and has spent most of his career in a NB it leaves me optimistic. Knowing he was on a side of the SLI that many feel did too well also seems to support he’s not exactly an idiot.

However Carey was previously elected with just a little over 10-15% last election of pilots. Many not voting. Promised to bring the pilot groups together. Let’s face it that hasn’t happened. Many gains were random and from the company because they had to in which match pay of UAL and DAL because new hires would go else where and they had to.

Green Christmas was an epic failure of his administration. At the very least he should have gotten what the FAs had when their issues happened. We got nothing close. Need we now add someone releasing and recording Boeing and leaking tapes? Highly illegal and apparently DC is now linked into that?

So yes forgive me but if someone who’s 18 months on property is going to lecture me about voting for DC when they’re the most likely to be hosed by him and Hamel I say go ahead. Unfortunately when you’re linked to the group 4 CAs who are about to retire and don’t care about your career it says a lot of who you are voting for.

Hamel by the way is the same guy who came into ORD and said “we have to give them something in negotiations” when referring to scope. How’s our scope compared to UAL or DAL? Feel good to have a VP linked to DC who is looking at things to give up when this company is making billions?