View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 05:30 PM
JonnyKnoxville
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009

Originally Posted by wjcandee View Post
Nothing like a truly-meaningless gesture to keep the troops amped up -- maybe they won't notice that they're not gonna see a contract for the next few years as talks grind on in part because of Atlas litigation spawned by an extreme negotiating position.
A meaningless gesture, yet if you google Amazon Air along with the CVG airport, half the press articles and news reports are about the pilots being underpaid and overworked, in part, causing the subcontractor airlines to be in a severely unsafe situation. Meaningless, yet you are talking about it too.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity." P.T. Barnum

I have read enough of your posts across multiple forums to observe your extreme anti-union viewpoint. It intrigues me that you are obviously an extreme aviation fan but so anti-pilot. After all, who do you think makes up the union that you speak of?

I find it interesting to read that you find the Atlas pilot group negotiating position to be extreme when we simply want the same pay and work rules as the rest of our colleagues in the industry already enjoy. If that position is too extreme and management elitist egos push this contentious situation on for another few years, as you suggest, you will see free market forces completely destroy this airline and it will be an absolute miracle if there aren't multiple aircraft crashes along the way. Hopefully the next one that crashes ends up in the swamp as well and not into an elementary school or a neighborhood.

In the aviation world, where airline management talent seems to be far and few between, it is always funny to observe how free market is preached and cheered on when it favors a management agenda but it is feverishly fought against when the free market goes against what management wants. Adam Smith wins every time and this situation will be no different.

Either the talentless management teams of AAWW and ATSG come to terms with reality or they end up running their companies into the ground. Maybe somebody needs to pick up the phone and call Bryan Bedford. I am sure he has a fresh life lesson he can share.