Thread: FedEx Schedules
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 08:00 AM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but many posts back mention that some/quite a bit of 75 flying goes through EWR. Is it feasible/realistic that someone could do out and back or 3-4 day trips from there or do all roads lead to MEM? I realize it's not a base but it seems like schedules at Big Purple frequently start away from a base anyway. (I live 20 min from Newark so that would work out really well for me.)

Similarly, is it reasonable/feasible to have very early morning shows 0400-ish vs overnight flying. I'm on the late night sim schedule at the moment and while I can handle it physiologically, it's been weird for my gf. She's an early riser so our schedules have been exactly 180 out. So, while FedEx is somewhere I really want to be at it's making me wonder if it's really a good match.
FedEx has the most flexibility of any carrier I have heard of. For the most part, work as much or as little as you want. I worked opposite schedules as my spouse for 21 years when the kids were at home, never needed a babysitter. The flexibility to drop or give away most trips (or pick up extra when you choose) is fantastic. If you can't make it work here, you can't make it work anywhere as a commercial pilot. If you have to touch base every single day with your gf/spouse, you're in the wrong industry.