View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 08:09 AM
JonnyKnoxville
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009

Originally Posted by V1AutoPilot View Post
How bad is it currently at Atlas? I understand management is horrible and refuses to negotiate -likely stretching a new agreement out 3 years at least (and that's hopeful). Schedule is grueling 17+ days and pay is worse than a regional. By the time a new contract comes it'll be industry low in no time. That or with ACMI Atlas contracts business out and Furloughs pilots or just up and starts another company -perks of parent company + multiple holdings. Someone told me Frank Lorenzo is behind the scenes.

Western Global is still fairly new, benefits aren't the best, but pay is fair and upgrade time is quick. Schedule is better from my understanding.

For someone looking for pay and QOL over 3-4 years, Western Global or Atlas? Atlas 747 / WG MD-11. Anticipate offers with both. Highly qualified. Time sensitive, thank you all very much in advance. Please honest and informative posts..
Things are pretty bad at Atlas right now. You have to ask yourself why Atlas would send out invitations for interviews to every pilot in the United States. You don't see Delta doing this.

Atlas has over 1,700 pilot and 2,000 when including Southern pilots in the mix. Atlas has hired 1,000 pilots in the past four years and growth has slowed recently with no more announced aircraft coming. As a result, I would expect upgrade times to slow significantly as the massive hiring wave is over.

There honestly are so many better options out there. If you like charter flying, how about take a look at Kalitta or Omni? If you are open to anything, pretty much any airline is better than Atlas.

It is not just the hourly pay rates that are low. It is the little things that make this place the death by a thousand cuts. For example, lose your medical at almost any airline, you can go on long term disability until you turn age 65 and then retire. At Atlas if you lose your medical, in 24 months you are kicked on the street with no insurance while looking for a new career so you can put food on the table.

I know insurance is not as fun of a topic to discuss but the lack of a proper safety net could become a catastrophic life-changing event for you.