Thread: FedEx Schedules
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 10:32 AM
Cobra Commander
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: E170 Fresh Meat

Originally Posted by Moosefire View Post
As far as your second question. 4 am showtimes from the hub are a bit more rare. They exist on some senior international trips but most of our overnight trips (departing the hub) show between 0130-0300. That said, you can always fly days, or at least avoid the early showtimes from the hub based on what you bid to fly. It gets said a lot but is worth repeating, there’s something for everyone here.
Is day flying accessible for newer folks? I've read "there's a schedule here for everyone" many times here but it seems naive to think you can have it all right off the bat.

I don't want to come off as that dude who can never leave home without his lady going berserk as soon as he walks out the door. That's 100% not the case. Being gone is part of the life. I just want to find a sustainable mix. Even though ripping around the globe in a 777 making a bazillion dollars a minute sounds awesome...gotta keep the other half happy too. Especially if I could have just gone to United instead...and been there a year earlier.

Thank you to everyone who replied, I appreciate the input - even the internet dads warning me about gf based career moves . I know, I know! Just trying to get some data points. (I definitely laughed out loud at the Iverson voice btw)