Thread: Bezos in CVG
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 08:02 PM
Reactivity
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Left, right & center

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
I’ve heard rumors Amazon will be operating their own feeder airline, anyone else?
Amazon won't do on their own anything that they can farm out for a reasonable price.

I believe the “last mile” won’t be anything like UPS or Fed ex. Similar to UBER, where a bunch of contracting drivers deliver packages close to where they live. My guess is they probably won’t even have trucks, use the back of the Toyota Corolla, just like the pizza guy.
They have already gone that route. Quality control has proven to be a problem, with a good number of complaints about packages thrown willy-nilly into driveways and over/through/near/anywhere-but-on front porches, etc., and, if I remember correctly, lawsuits from some of those contractors claiming ridiculous delivery schedules that allowed no time for breaks. For several months, Amazon has been promoting a sponsored delivery service in which they will help you get up and running in your own delivery business. They're promoting it internally now to Amazon employees, offering $10k to employees who will quit Amazon and set up one of those services.