View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 11:48 AM
BLOB
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
Yes,
because we all know the previous VTO system wasn’t PBS.

And we all know that FedEx is expanding the VTO system by hiding scheduled flying instead of publishing trips in the bidpack.

I know it’s so because I read it on the internet.

3 times through the new VTO system for me now. 100% of the time no one Junior to me has been awarded a trip I requested, something that NEVER happened during all of my previous trips through VTO land with our weighted/minimal inputs. 2 of my all time favorite “reasons” reports when I kvetched under the previous system. “It’s a Request. And, “I missed that input, but you probably wouldn’t have been awarded that layover trip at home since it was part of your 4’th request and the other pilot had it as part of his #1”

18 VTO Lines Junior to me and someone else was awarded a week of layovers at home for me because I was hoping to not work that week...but if I had to, layovers at home better than having to try and rework the schedule to make it work.
I have had trips requested assigned to the guy 1 junior to me. I’ve also had them choose to build me below min BLG and give me PNP instead. The old VTO system was a form of PBS. The new one is also a form of PBS that is allowing them to put a segment of the crew force in essentially 4a2b. Hey but they get PNP...so Senior guys who manage to avoid SLG can wonder why they can’t trade or pick up trips. Awesome.