View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 09:53 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs down Ummmm.... OK

Originally Posted by 1212135 View Post
I find it difficult to believe you have an open ended credit card to stay were ever you want too. I’d be at the Ritz Carlton every night. Seeing your pilots caring around Holiday Inn Express coffee cup makes me wonder if there’s a little bit more you are not telling. And if the poster above this one is right and your limited to 135.00 a night. That’s laughable. After 2 years I’ve had maybe 1 legitimate crappy hotel that ops was unaware of. 1 report with a photo we never stay at that S$&Thole again. I’m top level at Hilton and Marriott never pay for breakfast anyway so why would I care if dispatch negotiate it out. Quit insulting other Companies FE May be a good airline but your trashing and making insults at what most pilots consider to be the top 3 to 5 part135 carrier is making your company look unappealing to pilots.
1. Your pay compensation is low average
2. Your insurance for a single pilot is pretty good —have a family and it’s terribly expensive.
3. 8/6 is industry standard
3B. Your over time and get home flight cancellation pay is low average.
4. Pick your room or a logistics person will do it makes no difference to most pilots. I’ve heard very few (NJA,XO,GAMA,FXJ) complain about hotel quality.
5. Live at home basing -standard
6. You may not have airport standby which would be a great thing. But I find it difficult to believe your company not willing to hold crews at the airport to get good paying recovery trips from NJA,XO,WUP. But if they don’t they don’t that’s about the one good thing I can find.
So quit trying to insult other companies that your pilot work force is leaving FE in droves to go work for other Part 135 carriers. Southwest Delta etc hires from all Part135 carriers to act like FE has some magical key in nonsense.
Man,

You sure are getting worked up about a company that you don’t work for... Again, NOWHERE did I insult any pilot or company here. When I did mention other companies, I only mentioned excellent, enviable companies who started out with bad schedules and or pay then improved with age.

Sounds like you are a GAMA guy, and GAMA is an amazing company with great benefits, good pay, good schedule, etc. I know this because I am a former VNR pilot, and I have about 60 friends who are still there or have passed through after we shut down in 2013. I have a similar number of friends who went to Executive Jet (Now Netjets) when our airline furloughed in 2001-2002, and I know how far they came since 2005.

I NEVER said that we have an open ended credit card when it comes to hotels, I said that we get to pick our own hotels. Like many, I am a Hilton guy and I often look for the best deals there. And yes, I also stay at the Holiday Inn Express unapologetically.... We police ourselves in getting reasonable lodging, close to the airport, BTW.... I have never gotten any pushback for going over $135. Obviously, we stay in MVY, ACK, HTO, Super Bowl venues where rooms have exceeded $700 per night: I promise that we didn’t sleep on the FBO couch just because the price exceeded $135.

And please list here where I am “trashing” other companies and “insulting” pilots from my “high horse”, LOL. Seriously, you show where I trashed them and I will apologize. Of course I didn’t, so I won’t have to.