View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 03:31 PM
FrankTheTank
Fill'er Up Again

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Scarebus Captain

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
0 more Reserve lines will go into the VTO system. Up to 20% of Known R days can go into it.

Each seat has X hours of flying. Always has, always will. Mgt sets the BLG targets. Higher BLG = fewer lines, and more Reserve coverage. Lower BLG = more lines and less Reserve Coverage.
Each and every pilot has the ability to Use, or Not Use Vacation hours to cover monthly BLG. Each and every Pilot has the ability to Use or Not Use Carryover hours to cover monthly BLG. Every Pilot has the Ability to Train on Days off, or have Training Pay cover a portion of the monthly BLG.

Basic and fairly simple math. Nothing to do with emotion. When FedEx pluses up the seat manning, then there is more Reserve Coverage. Nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Any VTO system.

How does one Get PNP?
CBA Gives Pilots the Option to determine whether Carryover CH will be part of the BLG\RLG for a VTO Line. In other words, say you have 30 hours of Carryover. You can have that 30 hours applied towards your monthly BLG of 70/85, or you can Say 0 hours of Carryover apply. Previously the company would build Random R days to get you to your desired 100/115 for the month. "We" tied CRS hands to the R days they created during the bidpack publishing process. Personally, I think it's great that RB and RSV actually make it Into VTO lines now as opposed to the nothing but RA, but again, that's Me.
If the Trips\Blocks of R days available don't Fit into the targeted BLG because of a Pilot's decision to apply 0 hours of Carryover towards monthly BLG|RLG value of a VTO line, then that pilot gets awarded PNP.

Any other situation and the Companies violating the CBA. (color me shocked). On JF, there was a Millionaire who stated at least one of his friends had a VTO line built below BLG with no Carryover hours and called the company on it and they added R days to get this pilot to withing the BLG spread.

Another Issue with the new VTO system is that the one and only snapshot is taken prior to the SWW system opening. So, any X pairings don't show up. A VTO awardee picking up a Carryover trip post snapshot being taken and the system doesn't have an accurate picture.

There've been trips that made it through the whole process because they show as awarded to a Senior VTO line holder who couldn't actually be awarded that trip due to the late breaking Carryover trip that pilot picked up.

And, again, just me. But if someone Junior to me was awarded a VTO trip that I wanted and there were no legality issues, no CBA issues that precluded my being awarded that trip. Well, complaining about it for hours might be emotionally satisfying for some, but personally, I'd prefer to take the time between the reasons report being published and VTO awards being official and get MY trip.
Or Contact CE and work on Fixing it.
Because that's NOT how the System is supposed to work.

But, I digress, so what VTO system would you build? How does it work?

Personally, I've suggested as part of the ongoing implementation system creating a Pilot Option to allow CRS to create Random R days as opposed to tieing their hands as we do now.
Dude, like retirement... You really don’t get it.. Keep chasing those rainbows..