View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 08:18 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by visualapp View Post
This might be a stupid question for some of you but here we go. I’m a 30 year old, married, no kids, Atlas 747 FO, been here for a little over 6 months. Obviously most of you know the current working environment at Atlas. Recently I received a job offer from PSA (AA regional airline), so the question is what would you guys do. If I move to PSA, based on some research and talking to other PSA pilots chances are that I may flow to American Airlines in about 5-7 years. So I can get to American Airlines before I hit my 40s (of course we can't predict the future, don't know if PSA or AA will be around for another 5-7 years). On the other hand if I stay with Atlas I can get heavy time (no really a lot), hopefully upgrade in another 3 years and just keep hoping that soon we can get a new contract with better pay which nobody knows how long it is going to take (it could be months or years). I'm flexible with bases and schedules, more concern about: Pay, Quality of life, Benefits and Job security. Of course while I fly for Atlas or move to PSA I'll keep updating my apps for the big 5. Thank you all and don't be too hard on me.
Depends on your resume... Do you have 1000 Turbine PIC and a Degree? I'd stay at Atlas in that scenario... Without it I'd go to PSA.

It'll take you 7 years to get 1000 PIC at Atlas right now if you're only 6 months in. If you don't have the degree then good luck getting it while you're gone from home 18 days a month.