View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 05:38 AM
FTv3
Social Media retired.

Joined APC: May 2018

Wow Albie, a little different from the character you portray at Emerald Coast.... Forgive me if I don’t continue referring potential clients. Thank you for your long and distinguished service.

To the OP, you are American, do whatever the F you want, live where you want to live. That’s called freedom. Just beware of the “grass is greener,” aspect - the Bundesrepublik isn’t without problems. If you’re he’ll bent on Deutschland then Lufthansa should be your primary goal. Visit pprune.org. While FedEx has a CGN domicile I think you are limited to 5 years. Otherwise, working at any US carrier and with a little seniority built up you can live in Germany or wherever and commute back stateside. Obviously there are tax games and big financial issues to consider but a ton of guys do it. At UPS we have a CGN hub and if you could live there or close by you could have a pretty sweet deal (but paying US and German taxes...?). Probably the same for FedEx but there might be restrictions - hopefully someone will chime in with insider info vs. more pointless political dialog. Just note: at UPS, we have 2 or 3 guys born and raised in the CGN area who still choose to live in the US, if that tells you anything.

Good luck and post back here if you come across any corrections to the above or info you think would benefit others.

Edit: being fluent in multiple languages will only be beneficial to your application. Does your lady speak German and have any rights to residency in the EU? If not, more hurdles to jump...