View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 10:01 AM
skid
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by USMCFDX View Post
I have been using mine on the 767 for about six months. I keep the noise canceling on high and have no problem with inter flight deck communication. I hated the tap to talk through as the headset becomes too loud for me. I clip the comm wire to my epaulet with enough cord for my head to move around. No issues with comfort on long Newark - LA legs.
Thanks for the info on how these work. I have been interested in them but want something I can use for GA flying as well. I have a pair of DC pro-X's. I really like them but since we always have to fly with an ear uncovered to hear the guy mumble next to you I just stopped carrying them.

Why cant we just get hot mics for ops below 18000. If people prefer the old I want to go deaf routine they can do what they do now and flip the switch to off. I think I have used the mic trigger on 2 flights in my time here and had 1 captain do the (company not recommended) rubber band. I admit it was nice not having to yell the entire flight. and be able to hear the person when they mumbled towards the other window for flaps and gear. I realize I am preaching to the choir here but safety in the form of clear crew communication is only required when it does not cost money to make happen.