View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 12:23 PM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by ToddChavez View Post
I sense CAP hate... and perhaps a made up story.
Huh? Is that a thing where you're from?

Speaking of irrational outrage, aren't you the guy who called the cops because you got some junk mail you didn't like?
"I sent letters that my child addressed..."

Originally Posted by BeechedJet View Post
Definitely made up, at no point does the controller call the aircraft multiple times before a response or warn about entering Class B airspace without a clearance.
Huh? CAP Flt was already in Class B, on a clearance and under positive control and acknowledging clearances with instructions without a readback or a call sign. Was that not obvious? Honestly I was surprised that a controller never reminded them to use their callsign.

Originally Posted by at6d View Post
A King Air?
So I looked up some background on this. When I was a young buck, I knew CAP flew lots of 172s and there was also a King Air that used to operate out of my local airport with a Cap Flt callsign. Not being familiar with CAPs fleet, I just assumed that was a normal thing. Turns out private aircraft can operate for CAP with a CAP Flt callsign with prior arrangement. Who knew?

The aircraft in question was cleared to 9000, not an altitude I'm used to hearing 172s at out in the flatlands. If I had to guess now, I'd bet it was a 182 or 206.