Old 06-05-2019, 11:07 PM
CRJ 200
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2016

I had a stroke in April 2016, and started the review process about a year and half later. First the FAA sent me a letter saying that I would be eligible for review after 2 years from the stroke and to send new test results for my MRI, high blood pressure and diabetes and sleep study after May 1st 2018. That was done, then I received another letter in July for more information on my CPAP that was just started in May and documented in the pervious requested information. That was done and I received another letter in December wanting a new medical application to be filed. So I filled out the medexpress form and had my AME do a new first class medical. Its now been over three years from my stroke that I was fully recovered from in about two months and the FAA now wants a Neuropsychological exam, carotid ultrasound and hypercoagulopathy blood panel done. Unfortunately the FAA can extend their requests out indefinitely, there was no reason that they could not have told me all these items in the first letter, none of the additional items built on results from the previously requested items (Except the CPAP info). To date the additional testing requested has added up to about $5000.00 plus and there is no guarantee that I will not receive another letter after these last items are sent in, not to mention the fact that they took over a year to look over my stuff, but they want a answer from me in 30 days. I wish you the best of luck and hope yours is speedier than mine has been.