View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 07:01 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Trent335 View Post
How often were you able to go home during training? Or have visitors? One of my friends who previously did training with SkyWest said there was really only one weekend where people were able to leave. Is that still the case?
Typically in ground training you can leave every night and weekend if you really want to. But that's going to be a bad idea unless you already have the type rating in question. Generally the family just needs to suck it up every single time you do a new type in 121. I will typically have the fam come out for a visit somewhere in the middle, for about 1.5 days. That way I'm not losing time traveling or stressing about getting back on Monday morning.

The guys who live locally actually tend to struggle more. In that case the smart play is to stay at the training center or go to the hotel with your buds and study the same hours they do. Then go home and kiss your wife and kids goodnight.

Sim is different, schedules vary, you might have one day off or four days off each week. Play that by ear based on the schedule.

Last edited by rickair7777; 06-08-2019 at 06:50 PM.