View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 05:17 PM
skylike
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by UNDGUY View Post
"Oh it’s all starting to make sense now. A person smart enough to transfer into a P3 branch as a GS13 when everyone else who had the job was a GS14. Then you want to claim people at other locals are over paid and you’re underpaid."

Can I get some more details on this? Are pilots at P3 branches normally paid at GS14 level? Why would everyone else who had the job be a GS14 and he isn't?

Also, if my goal is to get to a P3 branch, how long can I expect to wait until I can transfer to Corpus Christi or Jacksonville? Is their a certain base, aircraft, or path I should take to be more likely to get assigned a P3 branch? Thanks

Historically, P-3 pilots are GS-14s. Recently D.C. decided that all new P-3 pilots would be hired or transferred in as GS-13, and in the future only half would become -14s. I have never seen anything in writing about the promotion to 14, though.

While it is possible, I would not expect to get to a P-3 location. There simply are not very many slots anticipated, even though there will be some retirements over the next three to five years. Headquarters is still courting some of the dwindling Navy P-3 guys but they all go directly to legacy airlines with not so much as a glance toward CBP. If they want the location, GS-14 SSR rate would be O.K. for some but the pay cap is the killer.

Last edited by skylike; 06-08-2019 at 06:00 PM.