Old 06-12-2019, 01:08 AM
JoePatroni
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by Regularguy View Post
No you missed the point about the attitudes of those dissing on the retired men and women of this Corp. It, the retiree pass redaction, began after the merger and if you remember correctly the former CAL had even more ominous SA policies.

Essentially we dumped on the only gift given to anyone who retired from this outfit, all in the name of “me.” Because no one should have an unfair advantage over me. If that isn’t ego I don’t know what is.

But enough about boats, cars and airplanes let’s talk about me. Remember that old joke about male pilots?

For those interested in the current retiree boarding priority here it is from the FT web site.

“Your board date is a calculation of completed days, months and years of service to the company subtracted from your travel date. Retirees and early-out participants have a board date in a day, month and year format. If two retirees have the same board date, their Pass Riders are cleared for the flight based upon time of check in.”

“The calculation is based on the days, months and completed years of service to the company:

(Years of service x 365 days) + (Months x 30 days) + days = total number of days”

From the Q&A for pass travel and retirees.

Just about to purchase another discount ticket anyway.
Another pointless thread.
The changes came about after ALL the employees were surveyed, I personally don’t believe a retiree should have a lower boarding priority but using a strict DOH penalizes someone with more YOS- that’s wrong.....nothing to do with “me.”

Seniority and YOS rule this whole career, pass riding isn’t any different....nothing to do with ego.