Old 06-12-2019, 07:00 AM
SilverLake
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: West Coast to East Coast

Originally Posted by oldmako View Post
Travel is no longer a benefit. It's more a crap-shoot. Non-reving should be called Non-flying. In the last 8 years, I have been on the JS about half of the time that I have flown, and not by choice. Want to take your special lady friend along? Goooooooood luck.

I think that we need to get out of the mindset that we have travel benefits. As for me, pay me more and I'll just buy tickets.
Lol, sounds like you travel during spring break, known hard destinations during summer months, and major holiday’s. Of course it’s a benefit. You just have to be smart about when and how you travel. Otherwise, yes, but a ticket. Of my 40 years of non-reving, 2/3 of that traveling under a parent that was in the industry, has it always been perfect, no. Have I had to two leg it at times, or sleep in an airport because I didn’t make it, yes. However, the vast majority I have made there and back no problem...due to traveling smart. To say it’s not a benefit that if seats are open to Paris in FC, and you literally last minute book it for you and whoever, fly there for free in FC...ummm, I’m missing something.