View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Junkyard Dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: RJ CA (does it really matter)

Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon View Post
Did you actually witness this or are you just repeating hearsay? If you have any first hand info please PM me.

How would you recommend the union “stick up for pilots” more than they currently are? Every time I’ve had an issue I’ve called a union rep, they’ve called the company, and the company backed down. Or they reminded me that what the company was asking was contractual. There are a few things where the company has decided to unilaterally ignore the contract and those issues are in the grievance process. If you have a problem with how long the grievance process takes, call your senator and ask them to allocate more money to the arbitration process.
I’ve witnessed and been part of it. Why should I PM you? Are you management? If so, you know what I am referring to by trying to intimidate pilots who call in sick or can’t accept junior man assignments due to other obligations outside of work. I was given an unavailable for not being able to accept a junior man assignment because of an obligation.
I get it AWAC is short handed. But why treat those who are willing to help out like ****?
All they’re doing is running the good ones off.