Thread: Jetlinx
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 12:56 PM
BailedOut
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by Alldayap View Post
There is no pay scale. It is all negotiated.

When I first started at Jetlinx the days off were 5 days a month and the 401k was 2% of 6%. Not even sure what that means

Now it is 8 hard days and 6% match if 401 k. So the company realized that they need to make some changes. They still need to keep improving this but where they run into a problem is they do not own a single airplane.

If they were to increase hard days off, they would have to tell the owners to increase the amount of crew members for their airplanes. Thus increasing the cost of the owners. The aircraft owners pay for all pilots salaries, training, hotels, meals, uniforms, etc.

I was at this company for multiple years. The moral is at an all time low. They are struggling to keep pilots and their turnover was over 30% last quarter. The base presidents are all salesman and do not understand anything from a pilots perspective. The base leadership despises pilots and that is not an understatement.

If I were you go to flexjet. The pay is better more days off.
Well said. Most base presidents only see numbers and will give the green light for the sales team to do what it takes to sign on owners. Like 30 hour guarantees, which in turn puts a large amount of pressure on pilots to complete flights. This franchise model of bases is not for a long career. I’d look elsewhere for longevity.