View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 09:50 PM
MAPD

I am a pilot living in ABQ and do not recommend West Mesa Aviation. I attained my Private, Instrument, Commercial, and Multi ratings at Mesa Airlines Pilot Development located in Farmington. I highly recommend the Mesa Airlines Pilot Development program. I graduated from there, but never followed through with the interview because of personal reasons. You'll spend about $50K for the full program and it can be financed easily. You'll fly a bonanza, compared to overrated Cessna's and the Baron for your multi semester. I am currently trying to locate a flight school to further my experience and have considered MAPD, due to it's great program, however don't want to spend another 8 months training. It's best off for me to find a CRJ type rating academy with a job interview afterwards or obtain my CFI, CFII, MEI ratings. I just don't know yet. After you graduate from MAPD you'll receive an airline interview with Mesa that has a 91% hiring rate. I believe anybody good can be hired by them, even lax with knowledge, you don't have to be excellent. Just keep your nose clean throughout the program and you should be fine. Many of my classmates have been hired by them, however, some hate flying for the airline. It's a great school though. Just get your hours no matter what. After that you can be picky. Keep in mind, it's an airline not in bankruptcy. I wasted about $2,500 at West Mesa Aviation. At MAPD, the chief pilot really cares about every student and will work with you on obtaining your job with their airlines, otherwise it can hurt their statistics with the hiring rate. They don't milk you for money either. It's a very well organized program. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!!