Thread: CFI in seattle
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 03:53 AM
Sextant
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2019
Position: Desk Captain

Originally Posted by tacostastegood View Post
Sorry if this post has been made before, but I'm looking for the most up to date information. I'm a CFI with around 100 dual given considering moving to the Seattle area. If I do ill be staying with family near BFI. I'm looking at applying for Galvin and Rainier. Any idea how many hours a CFI would expect to fly in a year? Are there any other schools that I should consider without having to drive an hour?
As mentioned above, if you're limiting yourself to an hour commute and remaining with family near Boeing, you're limiting yourself to BFI and RNT. Getting back and forth between those two fields isn't a big deal, even during rush hour, once you know some of the shortcuts outside of I-5. I commute to both from West Seattle and even during rush hour, it's 15-20 to BFI and 30-35 to RNT.

I know some instructors at both Galvin and Rainier that are flying ~90 + hours a month. That will drop some around November. However, if you're a CFII, your schedule will remain two blocked for months on end. Galvin and Rainier aren't the only schools at those two fields, but they're the largest.

PM me if you have any specific questions.