View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 04:53 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
But Kronan’s entire argument is built on the basis of the accuracy of this garbage modeler. And then just to make the rainbows brighter, a bunch of “to be negotiated” provisions..
Here's the thing, I know what I make now. I know what I expect to make this year, as well as 2021.

I know what the IRS limits are now, all I can do is WAG what they will be next year, and Cap these notional contributions accordingly.

Really not difficult to make a Spreadsheet that tabulates 2% of my predicted earnings. The starting verbiage of this plan was a pilot getting The Higher of the 2% floor or Market returns in Excess of a 5% hurdle. (The recent add on verbiage to the plan is a pilot will get the Higher of the 2% floor, Returns on Market, or the 2%*YOS*High 5 a Pilot would accrue under our current pension)

The Legalese Verbiage is about Predicted Returns above 5%. The Very Far right bar of the model shows a range of Pension values. The base value is the Floor, the next color is the likely returns, the very top segment is the historically possible returns but unlikely. Don't remember the % but it's something along the lines of these market returns occur 3-5% of the time