View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 06:34 PM
ORD170
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by Xjrstreetcar View Post
Employment screens show up as a soft inquiry and usually would show up as a third party. If you see a soft inquiry during the relevant time that you don't recognize, that could have been the pull. I have only seen an employment related pull after I was hired during the background check. Definitely have read in news articles that more and more employers are using the credit report in hiring decisions though. Would be interested in hearing anyone's anecdotes..

Mine was pulled after I was offered the job as well, and it wasn’t the CJO it was the literal call from the CP. believe they have to be careful with how they conduct the background check. I don’t have perfect credit and didn’t hear anything about it. I guess it would be weird for them to call me after offering me the job, and then ask about my credit. This was was early 2018 though, so I have no idea what they currently do.

But I believe at certain legacies they pull credit as part of the background check, and they will inquire about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk