View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 02:26 AM
Av8r75
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Line Pilot

What is wrong with people?? I would hope there is not a single pilot who comes into this career thinking they will be home every night! That being said, to compare this job to working at Walmart is just plain silly. It has always amazed me the number of pilots who complain about being away from home or think they should be compensated for their off duty time on the road. Seriously....and who doesn't know what the compensation details are before taking any position with any airline? Human beings are never content with what we have are we?

If you do a real comparison about what matters (time on duty) pilots work a lot less than the typical blue collar worker bee, and for a lot more money!

In many cases, we work about half the hours of many 9 to 5ers and make 2 to 3 times more. For many of us we make 4 to 5 times what someone at Walmart makes and work half the hours.

Come on guys...really?! This thread was supposed to be about hiring at ATI and instead has become a place for people from a competing airline to complain about their career choices. I have worked both sides (pilot side and 9 to 5) and I know how good I have it. Wouldn't trade it for a job at Walmart!!

You know the "Living the Dream" videos on YouTube are so true....job is different, but the people are the same. I am sure people who work for Walmart complain about their employer as well and I am positive they would have a much different perspective of our lot in life no matter how much time we spend away from home. Matter of fact, I am willing to bet there are employees at Walmart that absolutely love their job and I say good for them! They found a role that suits them and love what they do.

Find something you love and you will never work a day kn your life. Life is not about what's fair, because life just isn't fair...only foolish politicians think they can make it fair for all (more than likely they promise to make things fair for votes). It's all about perspective folks. Sorry for the rant.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Av8r75; 07-10-2019 at 03:01 AM.