Old 07-11-2019, 05:17 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Guard View Post
I think L3 is running 350's at about $200K a year if you can get a security clearance
I think you are right - but of course that sort of specialized job (and all that comes with it) wasn't what I was considering competitors either to WUP.

When I'm a recurrent an listening to the WUP guys; they seem to be pretty happy with the position. We can all find things that we wish were better, but considering how unhappy many seem to be, it is refreshing to see some appreciate the job even if they are continuing to look up the ladder for the career going forward.

It seems that many on this board specifically think that every job ought to be a final destination - in all thing aviation related. It just isn't that way and if you think that way then I can certainly see why some spend so much time angry at the 'system'. People often compare an aviation career to medicine and Law. Well...you don't step into a career destination job right out of training in those fields either.

For those at WUP. Continue to try and improve the situation for those coming behind you. Keep your eyes forward while you decide where you want your career to take you, but congrats on the work already done and here's hoping to continued success.