View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 06:58 AM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
Going to happen anyway after ATI accepted a contract that only gave pay raises. Less matching funds, lower disability pay, no reassignment/change of designation pay etc. The pay raise looked good and they bought it because they were willing to work for Walmart cart boy pay for years...something ABX crews would not do 20 yrs ago or now. Yet now that is the bar that is put before us. Does anyone understand whipsawing? ATSG now owns 3 airlines. We do not yet have a new contract...to get aircraft from the other carriers we would have to agree to a matching or less contract like ATI did...to get promised aircraft at the cost of the other carriers...like ATI did..
understand? It's not rocket science.
Actually, I don’t think you understand. It is not the ATI pilots responsibility to get you a better contract. At K4 we financially witnessed taking it for the benefit of a corrupt 1224 upper management. How about holding your Union local accountable for your negotiations and stop blaming everyone else for lowering the bar. (If you are an AAWW pilot. If you are ABX your Union is doing a fine job without any help from anyone)

We have seen raising of the bar in some areas with ATI, K4 and Omni. Just because you disagree with their choices does not mean they are wrong. I support my Union but not yours, unless you put up a picket line. Then in that case it is no go for me and my brethren.

BTW I think ABX is doing a fine job at showing that whipsaw doesn’t effect you unless you choose to participate. ABX pilots union holds the line and seems to understand the bigger picture.