View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 02:38 PM
wrxpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by PRS Guitars View Post
It’s more than the blue wave, even my liberal friends and family want to move. It’s just changing rapidly. You can have great life in CLT, and will probably hold it before you could Interview, get a CJO, get a class date, then hold DEN at UAL. I have the opposite problem of you, we thought about moving to CLT when I got hired, and moved home to Colorado instead. Now the kids are well established and we are tied in. I regret it every day.
Yep. I grew up in Colorado, and had a well established life there. Friends, family, nice house in the foothills, etc. I even had an offer from United, where I wanted to work my entire life.

But I have become absolutely disgusted with the direction Colorado and the Front Range in particular are going. It’s extremely busy, very expensive, and I do not like the type of people moving there now. Not only do I disagree with many of them politically, but they also have no idea how to act in the mountains. Entitled, trashing trails, very selfish, etc. CO is no longer the place I grew up in and loved.

I ended up going to purple, and can basically live anywhere now. My wife and I sold our house and moved far, far away from CO with zero regrets.