View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 06:10 PM
nitefr8dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
Actually, I don’t think you understand. It is not the ATI pilots responsibility to get you a better contract. At K4 we financially witnessed taking it for the benefit of a corrupt 1224 upper management. How about holding your Union local accountable for your negotiations and stop blaming everyone else for lowering the bar. (If you are an AAWW pilot. If you are ABX your Union is doing a fine job without any help from anyone)

We have seen raising of the bar in some areas with ATI, K4 and Omni. Just because you disagree with their choices does not mean they are wrong. I support my Union but not yours, unless you put up a picket line. Then in that case it is no go for me and my brethren.

BTW I think ABX is doing a fine job at showing that whipsaw doesn’t effect you unless you choose to participate. ABX pilots union holds the line and seems to understand the bigger picture.
Actually it is....they just like everyone else in ACMI owe it to the industry. If you are making 1 dollar and get a 100% pay raise you are make 2...still s#!t pay. We are being told an increase in our retirement benefits would mean ATI and OMNI would want increases too. So we could settle for less but are not willing to. Get it? If ABX holds out for more ATI and OMNI will have a better negotiating position also. Just like ATI accepted a lower DC, no scheduling protection, lower disability pay. Now when we negotiate with the company they say ..well ATI was willing to take it up the tail pipe in these areas ..why won't you? There is strength in a combined front..we may be different unions but we are fighting the same battle. Did you finish school? It's not that tough!! I feel like I am trying to teaching a 5 yr old how to back up a semi with a tandem trailer.