View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 07:23 AM
dwight3
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
I appreciate the respectful response. We view our leverage in a vastly different light than what I gathered from your post but I understand how our position may not look that way from outside of the company.

We currently have three B-777s parked and two B737-800s parked all due to lack of crew. This is already on a systemwide reduced schedule due to staffing issues. Last month broke the all-time record for the most open time trips issued in a given month and this month looks to be significantly higher than June.

Our no-show rate for new-hire classes is greater than 50% and our failure rate for the new-hires that do show is 30% at Atlas Air and 60% at Southern Air. (No spin here, these are the hard facts)

We literally have nothing to lose here. Our only option by management is an extension of our current CBA (in terms of signing the same language into the next CBA). We find this completely unacceptable and would be hard-pressed to find any pilot that would disagree with us on this once we explained what is really at stake and what is really being offered.

I think it would be a challenge to find anyone, no matter how management friendly, that thinks it is reasonable to sign a CBA to extend our current CBA work rules and pay. A CBA where we make 50-60% less than industry standard with the rest of the industry starting their next negotiation cycle in a positive pattern bargaining environment.

If/when management decides to move with a reasonable mindset, we can get a CBA negotiated in three weeks or less.
Seems reasonable. TiredSoul, what's your suggestion? Is this not a reasonable position to take?