View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 05:22 PM
atpcliff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt

Originally Posted by Lumberg823 View Post
I have a close friend at Atlas (74 side) and I ask him this question all the time...has anyone been kept out past 17 days? The answer is always no. If the company isn’t using that option, they still have more slack in the system. You will know they are out of options and the pressure will be on for some kind of contract when they are all out of levers they can pull. I hope you guys get a new contract soon, I’m on your side but I think you guys are overestimating how bad things are for the company right now. Last quarter results didn’t show any signs of impact to earnings or revenue. All that to say I think this is going to be a longer process than we would hope for. The company doesn’t seem to be hurt at this point and has more options to keep the freight moving.
Atlas cannot "keep you out past 17 days". Under certain, limited conditions, they can extend you to "protect the operation." For most Atlas pilots, on a typical line, with a typical schedule, they cannot be extended unless they volunteer to work on their days off...