View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 10:56 AM
MoarAlpha
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Gear Slinger

Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
My 16.5 days on the road I would never trade away because I love having all of my days off in a consecutive row, and the stress of commuting is for the birds. I have no interest in going to the pax world ever again if it means I have to commute home every three to four days, rinse and repeat. Every time I am in an airline terminal in uniform, I feel like a tool, basically living at the airport. Nothing beats going through security at a freight hub, super quick and easy. Oh, a flight cancels? I now have to find a hotel room? Nope, that's already taken care for me. The only money I spend on the road is for my own desires, not needs.
I completely agree. I just finished my first full trip and had 3 weeks off after. I'm doubling down to do 30 on and have 30 off this trip. I understand everyone has different schedules, but with my wife's ability to work when I'm gone and be off when I'm home it's great!

Ok, maybe 3 weeks home together was almost too much. I was ready to go back to work and stop doing chores.