View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 12:00 PM
goinaround
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
Cancelled flights while airlining into position happen from time to time at ABX also...mostly because of an ridiculous connection time between flights. And yes the company buys a hotel....I am not really sure what other option they would have if they what to get someone into position. Pretty sure if the company did not the crewmember would be headed home and they would be looking for a new pilot. Maybe I am missing something....
I went to K4 from ABX. You paint a strange picture from what I experienced. I never had any dead head airline trips into position to start work. I was always sweating the two leg RJ jump seat to get to CVG. If you happen to live in a city that is serviced by DHL hub service...I suppose it's fine. I live out in the boonies....and for me the difference with home basing now is night and day better. AND....the company is contractually bound to get me home on my last day. No JRM. This month...I'm going home a day early with a 1 in 7 on my schedule for the last day....which I will enjoy at home.