View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 12:41 PM
goinaround
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
Was that pre Amazon? You never see some of our pilots anymore with all the commercials...it also probably depends on where you are on the seniority list and what trips you can hold. In the last 20+ yrs I have maybe jumpseated to/from work on a passenger carrier 6-8 times. Usually it's because I went to visit my Daughter on my days off and could not ride in on our system. I have been a two hour drive from a system jumpseat the whole time with missed trip protection. If for some reason I get bumped, weight, mechanical etc..I go home.Ymmv. I think it's funny sometimes when an off line carrier pilot with home basing decides instead of going to the hotel at 3 am then getting up and going to the terminal to catch his flight home starts riding on us or another system carrier because he can be on his way 2 hrs after block in and get home 10 hrs early going to the same destination...had to give up something to get the homebasing...crazy. As far as JRM...nobody does them unless they want to...I don't.
JRM.....so when you call in to screw scheduling on your last leg in on day 17 and they JRM or advance JRM you...you can say "no thanks"? That's not how it works at Abex.

Also...you say YMMV. Why yes....with 28 years of seniority and living in a DHL out base...things are significantly different. What I'm saying is that for the guy that wants to live on a lake in BFE....you're situation does not apply. Hence.....YMMV. I work less here and make way more than I ever did at ABX in two years......post Amazon. You "legacy Airborne" guys still think you're top of the heap. Not so much though.....