View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 01:39 PM
TXNFlyer210
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by TFlood View Post
Questions for the group. I am USAF with less than 2 years until 20. I will be 45 when I retire. I have flown tactical FW my entire career. I am not excited about the airlines (my dad was a airline guy and I grew up with it). I want to eventually move back to Northern California (Sacramento specifically) for family. I am happy to go to Lorado for a year or two to do my time with the goal of eventually transferring to McClellan in Sacramento.

1) is this reasonable to achieve?
2) what do they fly out of McClellan (KMCC)?
3) would they let me work 4 on 3 off at Lorado to leave my family in place in southern TX?

Any other info about hurdles I might face would be appreciated. Thanks!
1) I would say unlikely. I would be skeptical of the future of the SAC.
2) They 1 have FW when it’s not TDY to STX and 1 helo. Essentially they only have 1 helo. Guys in SAC are TDY to the STX at least 1 once a month to cover the FW flights.
3) No to your would be request to 4 on 3 off. AIAs have been trying to get that for a while and have told it’s against OPM regulations.

If you were to go Laredo or Mcallen then you are only going to fly a 206. If Laredo still has the 206 that I remember, then it has no equipment on it to do the Mission.... so it’s a waste of time. Flying a 206 summer time in STX gets old quick.

If you don’t want to fly for the airlines, I would say you have a ton better options that working for this agency