View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 08:20 PM
coryk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Zard View Post
Mucho mahalos for this thread and the replies. I’m a SWA bubba with an expo invite. Purple was always the goal leaving my last gig but she never asked me to the dance.

I live in a domicile that the head shed swears is going to grow, just as soon as a bunch of gates get built. We’ll see.

The only pros I’ve got to staying at SWA should I get invited to interview (big if) and make it through said interview (bigger if) are I drive to work (yuuuuge) and we have real time trip trading, plus a year and some change of seniority. I’ve got a couple decades left before they make me quit flying, so the seniority is maybe a wash. I’m a PM flyer; it’s not straight up nights or red eyes but it sure feels like it when you land at 0345.

Any one who made the jump who regrets it? PM if you aren’t comfy throwing it out here, but I truly do appreciate all the guys who took the time to reply here as well as all the purple people I’ve spoken to through other channels.
Not quite Southwest, but I left UAL after 6 months to come to FedEx 2 years ago. I'd do it again. And again. And again.