Thread: Corporate Air
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 01:40 PM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
Looking at your previous post, I’m guessing this is either retirement gig or for kid/friend? If someone is trying to progress their career, I’d recommend another route that builds multi time 121 SIC time. Or, multi TPIC 135.

If you’re looking for a part time, few days a week to do something in flying. This could be great. The airplanes appear well maintained and I know people flying them, and they don’t complain to me in passing on the ramp.

Having trained retired 121 4 striper’s in this type of flying, and knowing multiple people who’ve flown the van at “Air Spur”, I’d say its a 50/50 chance a retired airline cap could/would finish the training. Overall, the actual hand flying is fine, radios are fine, landings are fine. It’s learning a garmin and flying while doing the checklists and briefs that usually stops the show. Some have it and some don’t. Just some observations over time. I don’t know if they have autopilots, but wouldn’t be surprised if the didn’t.
And there you have it folks, experience from a 20,000 hour pilot with 2,000, and I’m being generous, in his logbook

That captain that you take pride in insulting probably has more flight time holding over the DPK VOR than your total flight time.