Thread: Corporate Air
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 06:44 AM
tailwheel48
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
Looking at your previous post, I’m guessing this is either retirement gig or for kid/friend? If someone is trying to progress their career, I’d recommend another route that builds multi time 121 SIC time. Or, multi TPIC 135.

If you’re looking for a part time, few days a week to do something in flying. This could be great. The airplanes appear well maintained and I know people flying them, and they don’t complain to me in passing on the ramp.

Having trained retired 121 4 striper’s in this type of flying, and knowing multiple people who’ve flown the van at “Air Spur”, I’d say its a 50/50 chance a retired airline cap could/would finish the training. Overall, the actual hand flying is fine, radios are fine, landings are fine. It’s learning a garmin and flying while doing the checklists and briefs that usually stops the show. Some have it and some don’t. Just some observations over time. I don’t know if they have autopilots, but wouldn’t be surprised if the didn’t.
Actually my kid is a CFI building time and looking for an easier gig.

I'm not looking for a job with them. I'd rather be flying my taildragger into the back country