Thread: Corporate Air
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 09:22 AM
Diesel8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Hey Bigfoot,

Man, I thought I was inflammatory and a bit of a jerk. You're really beyond the pale.

Apples and oranges dude. Like to see you handle the complexity of heavy jets, multiple crew members, overseas ops, and fatigue issues among other things that you couldn't even comprehend.

If I plop you in front of a Honeywell FMS are you going to be able to program it straight out of the box? I want you to demonstrate ALL the capabilities to me right now!

So "Captain Caravan" what do you know about energy management? You can plunk down that Caravan anywhere, anytime, any speed. Try that with a modern slippery jet. You don't even have to worry about breaking 250 below 10.

Yeah, we have some of those Caravan dudes working for us, can't even deviate around WX. Not a clue, barely holding onto the tail, mostly back at the hotel.

Oh, and get this slick, I was once "Captain Caravan" doing Fedex Ops, that was back in the days of pneumatic boots, and a KLN89. I almost never had the autopilot on as I just enjoyed the hell out of hand flying.

Recently have gotten back into GA on the side, it was a little bit of a change - but still very familiar. Complex single recip with cowl flaps which quite frankly is a bit busier than your mighty Caravan. For me it is yet another learning experience. I am always a student in some fashion or another, I like the challenge.

So, until you have seen the view from the other side maybe you should reconsider denigrating everyone around you just to inflate your own self worth.

If your in the training department at Corporate, I think it might be very interesting if they would find out how you are driving away potential candidates based on age discrimination.

See ya later slick!