View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 10:27 AM
flydiamond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by FlyingDawgg View Post
Hi all,

Been looking at commutes to LGA, EWR, BOS and PHL from DFW. That's if I even go to this airline. Trips won't be same day commutable it seems and I'm ok with that. Anyone else do this commute? I got Spirit, UA, AA, DL and SWA out of the metroplex to some of these bases. Would like to know if some of these legs are easy or hard to commute to. I see where LGA has 22-24 departures out of the metroplex during the weekdays. Pretty good imo.

Eventually I'd like to hold IAH but I heard the DFW-IAH commute can be a monster.

Thanks
Strongly suggest avoiding anything hub to hub for the same airline, so avoid PHL. Almost entirely served by AA, connecting one of their senior bases to what is one of their most junior bases. Ditto on BOS unless DL eventually starts flying the route providing more options. I’d say EWR is your best bet as it is served by tons of both UA and AA flights, and I guarantee you not a single mainline AA commuter... they’d drive or fly to JFK/LGA. Better crashpad situation in EWR than LGA as well.