View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 02:36 PM
BigC208
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by RIPflg View Post
Attrition has gone down since the previous CEO/DO left. Only hiring for 2 Caravan pilots currently, and the company has removed all of its ATR positions on the website for over a week. Definitely caught up on hiring if you look at the ATR schedule; hardly anyone is flying their PTO weeks now. I volunteered to fly all of mine and didn't get offered a single one.
I hope you’re right. For a few months there were three or four reserves but lately very few or no reserves at all on the 208 schedule. Checked the ATR schedule and not many reserves there either. Been able to work a few PTO weeks here and there because of that. It’s what’s kept me somewhat optimistic about this job. The new CEO is keeping us in the loop, that’s another positive. What has really helped is the increased incentives. Many based pilots work their PTO so the need for floaters is reduced. Ideally I alternate a week on the road followed by a week reserve at home. If that works out I’m happy. No issues coming home on Saturday then either. Don’t mind working PTO if there are home reserve weeks in the rotation. If it’s four weeks in a row of only having one day off per week the resume’s are going out. That has cost us a bunch of 208 pilots. Do that 6 months in a row and Wheels Up’s 8/6 schedule starts looking acceptable. It’s catch 22. With enough pilots on the schedule we have great quality of life. Keeping enough around to make that happen is the issue.