Thread: Sick leave
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 05:11 AM
RonRicco
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by mispoken View Post
I’ve been hearing stories of people who rarely use sick time (like 10 hrs or less in years) having to verify sick leave from July. I don’t know if management is turning up the rhetoric and wielding their sword or what, but that seems pretty ridiculous to me, to make someone verify because they had a lot of Green Slips and coverage issues due to IROPs (which is why I assume they’re making him verify?) one big happy family...I read it on delta net. It’s true.
I don’t understand the situation. Are you saying that he was under the 100 hours and had used less than 50 the last 2 years and has to verify because “..........”?

There are quite a few things listed in the PWA that can’t be used “solely” question a sick leave event(s). If somebody is being asked to verify outside of what is normally required, then they probably believe they have a good faith reason and GS volume would not be one.

When I have seen someone questioned when they otherwise don’t meet the normal reasons, they have done something that would cause the company to question their sick leave like trying to jumpseat to Cabo on UAL while our sick etc.