Old 08-12-2019, 09:29 AM
goinaround
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by point432 View Post
Yeah I know with us the cutting of flying has been taking a hit on some guys. Losing flying in general isn’t a good moral booster. The DoD/UPS flying just feels like a sneeze in the bucket compared to DHL or Amazon.

I love variety too. Sadly at ABX there is none of that here. Pretty boring. If we added overnight in Bogota and Costa Rica that might be nice. Some guys just love overnights in Baltimore and having dinner at Chill’s. If guys want more adventure...its not here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sadly, ABX does not even attempt to attain new customers. Joe is perfectly happy to rattle his tun cup on the DHL steps. I don't see ACMI as all that different from pax flying in the respect that the company simply sells space on the airplanes. If you have an aggressive sales and marketing department....ACMI flying can be just as stable as any other sector of aviation. If you attach the success of your business to one niche market (Detroit auto parts, single customer contract flying, etc...)...that's dangerous. Places like Atlas and Kalitta could go forever as long as they can hire pilots. ABX is one contract away from being out of business.