View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 05:44 AM
SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal

Originally Posted by Mudhen2000 View Post
I understand the importance of meeting a recruiter in person. However, I am deploying right up until my terminal retirement date and the UPS internal recommendation process is very in-depth for one to write and submit. Four people going through that process should weigh a lot IMO. I was just wondering if people get hired without going? Also, this year was out of the ordinary with all of the fairs being on the west coast, which defiantly costs more than $200 when you throw on airfare, hotel, meals, etc...

If a career fair attendance is what proves interest, then i will attend the March WIAI. Thank you for the insight. WIAI in March is the next one and with deploying that puts me at my availability date. Would love another way to prove my desire for the job. Just want a chance to get my application and resume looked at. Thank you.
Dont disagree. You are using pilot logic. Throw it out. This is HR and corporate ego logic. Once sorta, kinda understand those two elements, you understand why you hear advice.
Numerous LORS terrific, but can tell you, that the numbers are not as importation as the one writing. The newer the person, the better the chance that HR (my observation) etc thinks they are a better rec as they may have hired the writer, thus your value goes up. Same with attending a job fair. Its not a way to prove commitment, it is simply a way to improve your meeting a decision maker in person. That is the marked difference.
Expensive and time consuming, but targeted efforts with high pay off potential better than lottery tickets
Best of luck