View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 01:36 PM
Suthernair
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2009

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
Without the 1k you wont get a call. Its a hard min. No one in the last at least 6 years has gotten a call without it. Wont change soon either just ask the CP. Plenty of apps who have it.

Could you shed a little more light on this area for me?

I have in excess of 1000 TPIC, however not all of it is as captain. What I mean to say is that I have also logged as PIC, flight time as sole manipulator of the controls in jets that I’m typed and current while operating under FAR Part 91. My understanding of the regs is that this is legal PIC time, however I understand that it is not as the captain on record for that flight. So, the question I have is will that time be accepted for the 1000 TPIC requirement? I know that there has always been some contention about this subject in the past but I’m curious if the trend will change in light of the increased hiring of late and for hiring into the future.

I’m 43 years old and a current B767 FO operating express freight flights with over 20 years as a professional pilot. Seventeen and a half of those years of experience were a mix of Part 135 charter/air ambulance work and Part 91 corporate work in various business jets. I’ve only, in the past 3 years, been in the 121 airline world, so I’m still learning how this facet of aviation works. I would very much like the opportunity to work for FedEx. I exceed all of the listed requirements for a pilot position at FedEx with the possible exception of the 1000 TPIC requirement. I have recently heard that FedEx May be lowering that requirement to 500 TPIC. Any validity to that rumor?

Thanks in advance for all comments and information on this.