View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 02:35 PM
KitCloudkicker
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Default Hostile Work enviorment?

I recently started with a 135 outfit. No issues through training. Got on the line and the pilot I was paired up with was a serious psychopath. He started the same time I did. Very threatening behavior to many employees. Had multiple complaints from ground crew to cabin crew. He came at me one day and I was very concerned for my safety, though no physical contact was made. HR had to get involved. Turns out the guy was fired from last job for this behavior and the company was warned about him by other company.

HR did a really bad job of “investigating”. They never even spoke with me to get my side of the story. Though apparently had multiple conversation with other pilot. HR didn’t give me any options, said working with him was my only option. I decided to find new employment at that point.

I really liked the job and wanted to keep it but I wasn’t going to fly with this jackoff. Even the cabin crews stated they were afraid to fly with him. What can I do? Only openings are to fly with this guy. He will eventually blow up at another pilot but in the meantime I am out of a job.

I have spoken with a lawyer but don’t want to go down the path of suing the company. If anything I want my job back but not if I have to fly with this psychopath. What other options do I have here?