Old 08-14-2019, 06:03 PM
howardhughes8
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by whalesurfer View Post
Years later we’re still recovering from the Davis Doctrine of mis-management. Let’s hope this new era of hiring top management ‘outsiders’ won’t turn into a Davis2.0 nightmare.

_______
PepsiCo Executive to Become UPS Finance Chief

United Parcel Service named company outsider Brian Newman as finance chief, a move that comes as the shipping giant looks to benefit from the fallout between delivery competitor FedEx and Amazon.

UPS's stock is down 3.84% since the start of the month.

"I am very pleased to welcome Brian to UPS's senior management. He will contribute to our drive for improved growth and operating performance, and he will support our strategies focused on the long term success of the company," said David Abney, chairman and chief executive of UPS.

https://www.morningstar.com/news/dow...-finance-chief
My history at UPS is limited, but the Davis era was all internal blood, and he hated the airline. Abney “seems” to get the value of the airline, and the value of injecting fresh blood, a la Scott Price, the investments in the company infrastructure and airline, focus on the customer, etc. We are still playing catch up, but the tide seems to be turning. And it also seems Amazon’s troubles are getting broader, from a growth and competition point of view, they are getting attacked from all angles, and maybe, just maybe maintaining a good relationship with UPS will become more important, especially after Fedex dumped them. Nobody has a crystal ball, but the winds, after many years, seem to be shifting slightly, and I emphasize slightly because UPS management should NEVER underestimate our fierce and respected competitor, FEDEX!! And Amazon of course, the saying applies, trust but verify 😬