View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Jetrecruiter
Reserve for Life

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Right Seat for life

Originally Posted by Nealman1 View Post
I always read about people complaining about QOL at the regional level. Other than the obvious things like pay, management, what makes QOL at a Legacy carrier sooo much better. Is it the lines? the overnighters? I would think that once someone was in the left seat for a few years at a regional, and built some seniority, QOL would not be that bad. Obviously the first few years are rough, but that's with any job in any industry.
They are regional pilots out there that have a great QOL, and would not give that up to go to a legacy and start from scratch. There are also pilots at legacy carrier's that do not have any thing nice to say about their jobs. It boils down to what you are looking for in life and how being a pilot fits into that. Regionals used to be a stepping stone to get to the majors and now some have become attractive and most folks are making a career out of it. A jet is a jet in my opinion, the major differency is how many bodies your are carring in the back and how far you can fly. Most pilots out there want to fly the 747-400 and some are just content flying a CRJ and being home more often to play with little Johhny in the back yard. It's all up to an individual needs as far as QOL and where one gets it from.